Sunday, November 30, 2008

IM ENGAGED!!

We're getting married!! Yay! Saturday was Gage's birthday so of coarse I wasn't expecting anything.. He had his sister Makenzie call and tell me they were planning a suprise party for Gage that night and that she had given him some stuff to do to keep us busy for a couple hours until they were ready. So when he came over he had a scavenger hunt for us to do. It said "Happy Birthday Gagey" at the top and gave us clues for things to do including going to lunch and go up the canyon. This whole time me thinking this was what his sister had planned for his birthday. When we got to the park in the canyon the clue said "take a picture on the bridge." The next clue said on the other side "you will find a perfectly square rock" which obviously meant the ring but i didn't pick up on that and started walking up a trail looking for rocks on the ground! ha ha When i walked back to where Gage was standing it said Will You Marry Me written in rocks on the ground and the last clue said "give that rock to the person you want to spend eternity with." I immediately started crying and he got down on one knee and proposed!!! It was perfect and Im so happy!!! The ring is beautiful! Im so lucky! We are planning to get married in the Spring so get used to calling me Mrs. Eckles:) Yay!!


Right after, I still have tears in my eyes!
The picture we took on the bridge

16 comments:

Brady and Lauren said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! Congratulations guys! We love you!

aubphotography said...

YAY!!!! Thats so awsome!

Breck said...

I am soooooo excited for you Meagan! Congratulations. How romantic too! Love you both, Breck

The Belnaps said...

YAY! Im so excited for you guys! I am so glad you picked such an awesome guy to join the family! Bring on the weddin plannin! Congrats again! Love you both:)

kaylasue said...

Megs!! Yay! I am so happy for you! The ring is beautiful!! I am so happy that you posted pictures! :D YAY!!! Love ya girlie!!

Jake and Diana Rothfels said...

That's sooo exciting! You look so beautiful! Congrats xoox

Duncahoo said...

We are super excited to have you as an official part of our family. Congrats to you both!

Jenn said...

Yeah!! Your officially a Seester now!! We couldnt have asked for a better person for Gage! You two are so perfect for eachother and Kev and I are so happy for you guys! We love you lots!

Makenzie said...

Yay for widdle meagan! I am so excited for you guys! You two are too cute! and that ring....dam!

Unknown said...

i'm so happy for you two! you looked so pretty! i need a close up of your ring!

The Searle Family said...

Meg yea I'm so excited for you!! You need to come in and see me so I can give you a big hug and see that beautiful ring!! Congratulations:)

Meredith said...

Well, Ericka was right. She said it was coming! Congrats to you guys! I hope I will get to meet this guy of yours soon! Good to see you at the reception!

paige and jord said...

megan! i haven't seen you in forever.. and was just doing a little blog-stalking :) and ran into your blog. and perfect timing of course! CONGRATULATIONS!!! thats so exciting! keep in touch

Grant and Stacy said...

Congrats, Meg! Love the story!

jenny said...

Yay! Congratulations:) That is so exciting! It was good to see you the other day. Your ring is gorgeous! Good luck with all of the plans and everything.

-nick and whitley- said...

Meagan! I'm so happy for you guys! how cute are you two! what perfect highschool sweethearts! awwww!!! :] i'm happy i found you're blog! if you're not already married by now you should DEFIANTLY send me an invite. i would absolutely love to go!